The Prevention Services unit includes health education and prevention programs that promote healthy lifestyle practices through a variety of prevention strategies and interventions designed to reduce the risks among individuals, families, and communities in Worcester County. This is an interdisciplinary team of health professionals including: prevention specialist, nurses, health educators, outreach workers, social workers, an exercise physiologist, and a nutritionist.
Prevention Program Services are available to community groups, youth groups, schools, churches, and worksites.
- Asset Building for Youth Training
- Blood Pressure Monitoring
- Cancer Control/Screenings
- Child Safety Education Program
- Community Health Advocacy - Community members are invited to participate
- Diabetes Prevention and Education
- Healthy Lifestyles - Chronic Disease Prevention
- Highway Safety Program
- HIV/AIDS Prevention
- Injury Prevention
- Parenting Education
- High School Grads Play It Safe - Alcohol & Other DrugsPrevention
- Teen Pregnancy Prevention
- Tobacco Prevention & Cessation
- Training for Intervention Procedures (TIPS) Training
Location:Snow Hill Main Office
6040 Public Landing Rd
Snow Hill, MD 21863
Phone: 410-632-1100, ext. 4.
Hours: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., except Wednesdays - 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.